Thursday, October 28, 2010

The Exceptions

If I'm going to be completely honest, I have to divulge the exceptions to my self-imposed rules. Here they are.
Panko - I simply cannot replicate this. Kikkoman's version has the fewest ingredients.
Baking Powder & Baking Soda

Tortillas - In a perfect world, there would only be 3 ingredients; masa harina, water, and lime juice. I can't seem to find anything close to this so far. Maybe I'll break down and make my own?

Miller Lite - It will be a cold day in hell before my husband gives this up. I choose my battles wisely, and this is not one I will be partaking in.

Vodka - It's only fair that if my husband can have his beer, I can have my Belvedere. In moderation - and only mixed with whole juices. Besides, distilling is different then processing, right ;)

Organic Condiments - like tomato paste, horseradish, mustard, ketchup, light soy sauce, and the fabulous Carolina BBQ sauce sold at our farmer's market.

No comments:

Post a Comment