Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Day 3

I honestly can't even tell you what I've done these past 2 days (I swear I've been busy). I know I went food shopping at some point and the endless cycle of housework has been kept up with, but beyond that? I have no idea. Baby wrangling now consumes the majority of my waking hours... and he isn't even crawling yet. He scoots all over the place, our two monstrous dogs cautiously inching behind him in amazement that the little, noisy, drippy thing is mobile.

While this is hilarious (it's impossible to watch him scoot & be in a bad mood), it's time consuming. Something as simple as loading the dishwasher now takes three times as long, since I'm constantly looking over the counter to make sure he's on his play mat... and he never is, so baby wrangling I go.

I was able to make vegetable barley soup, which turned out delicious. I wish I had a precise recipe to relay, but to be perfectly honest I rarely follow one, unless baking. I sauteed mirepoix, radishes, zucchini, garlic, & fresh spinach. Once seasoned, I poured in vegetable stock, threw in barley and a few fresh herbs... and waited an hour.

My darling husband even had a bowl for dinner - which is huge. The man wont consider himself "full" unless he's consumed a side of steer, or some other protein equivalent. This, so far has been my tallest hurdle - the whole foods way of living is largely plant based, which I interpreted to 50% - 75% fruits and vegetables. My husband's reaction to only eating red meat once a week was, well... less than enthusiastic. I chalk this up to the caveman that deep down, he really is. 

Day 3

Breakfast -
scrambled egg with tomato, fresh herbs & cracked pepper
1/2 cup yogurt (I am learning to love Stonyfield's plain organic) with wheat germ & honey
1/2 serving of strawberry smoothie


Lunch -
grilled portabella cap stuffed with crab
spinach, radish, carrot salad drizzled with lemon

Snack
1/4 cup roasted pumpkin seeds

Dinner
aforementioned soup

Dessert

No-Bake Peanut Butter Coconut Spheres

2 cups of unsweetened shredded coconut
2 tablespoon agave nectar
1/4 cup peanut butter (Smucker's Natural is good, and wont break the bank)
1 tablespoon vanilla
pinch of salt
Almonds, or whatever you'd like

Combine all of the ingredients in a bowl and shape into 1 inch spheres. I place mine on to a quarter sheet pan, lined with parchment paper. Freeze 2 hours, and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment